The tricky thing with connecting Pipe Drive with Google Sheets or any other source for importing the leads is creating the person and the organization first. Then you can create a new deal, and in that new deal, you add the person ID you just made in the Person field and the same for an organization.
Here is a step-by-step instruction form on creating a deal in Pipe drive with Zapier from Google Sheets. Still, you can use the same process for creating the deal from any other source.
- Log in to your Zapier account.
- Click on the "+ Create a Zap!" button to create a new Zap.
- Choose "Google Sheets" as the trigger app.
- Choose an event "New Spreadsheet Row" trigger (assuming you already connected your Google Sheets account or follow the prompt for authentication).
- Choose the spreadsheet and worksheet that contains the data you want to import.
6. Test the trigger to ensure that it is working correctly.
7. Choose "Pipe Drive" as the action app and choose an event "Create Person",
8. Follow the prompts to connect your Pipe Drive account and configure the action.
9. Map the columns in your sheet to the appropriate fields in Pipe Drive Person, like name, phone number, etc.
10. Create another "Pipe Drive" as the action app and choose an event "Create Organization",
11. Also map the fields from your sheet to the appropriate fields in Pipe Drive Organization, like Organization name, etc.
12. Now create another Pipedrive action with the "Create Deal" event.
13. In the Person field, choose ID from the person you already created
14. In the organization field, choose the ID of an organization you already created.
15. Map the fields in your Zap to the appropriate fields in Pipe Drive.
16. Test the action to ensure that it is working correctly.
17. Save and activate your Zap.
Once activated, your Zap will automatically import data from your Google Sheet to Pipe Drive based on your selected trigger and create the corresponding Person, Organization, and Deals in Pipe Drive.