How to link your custom domain from Google domains to Vercel app #
- Deploy your application on Vercel under vercel.app domain. For example, your-domain-new123.vercel.app .
- Go to Settings > Domains and choose the domain you want to link with your custom Google Domain.
- Type your custom Google domain name into the domain input field.
- When the pop-up asking for redirect configuration appears, choose recommended option preferably, or if you have some particular reason, choose any o the other two.
- As both of your domains would have an Invalid configuration, go to Google Domains dashboard to configure it.
- Go to the DNS section on the left panel in the Google Domains.
- Under the DNS section, go to Resource records.
- Now copy corresponding values from the Vercel domain section into the Google domain.
What is Vercel? #
Vercel is an end-to-end platform for developers that lets you create and deploy the web app. The following features allow serving content to your users: Deployments, CI/CD, Custom domains, and Monitoring your project (Checks, Analytics, and Usage to watch your site performance)
Vercel custom domains #
By default, Vercel sets a domain for every deployment. However, you can change it to your custom domain. You can purchase a domain on Vercel or a third party, and Vercel will manage all the configuration, such as DNS and SSL certificates.
What are Google Domains? #
Google domains allow you to handle domains from your Google Account. Secure infrastructure, privacy protection, domain management tools, and easy integration with top website builders.